FBMA Group Fitness Certification
The Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Sport Academy welcomes you to the first group fitness certification course designed exclusively for UAE Nationals. In partnership with MEFITPRO, the FBMA gives interested candidates the opportunity to become a Les Mills certified group fitness instructor in Body Balance or Body Combat.
Les Mills is the global leader in creating life changing fitness experiences in over 16,000 clubs and 80 countries throughout the world. Les Mills produce qualified instructors through ongoing education, high quality initial training, advanced instructor modules, and continuous instructor support.
The FBMA group fitness certification course will take place over two weekends in March and is fully recognized by employers, the Register of Exercise Professionals (UAE REPs) and the International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPs).
Apply now if you:
- Are a UAE National;
- Are enthusiastic, active and a big fan of exercise and sports;
- Are looking for a dynamic professional move in the fitness sector;
- Want to benefit from the highest level of professional fitness training;
- Want to be a leading member of the UAE women sports movement!
Click on the Image to Enlarge
- GEL – EXERCISE TO MUSIC (17-19 March 2016)
GEL is a world class recognized Professional Qualification for aspiring Group Exercise Instructors to kickstart their fitness career. This course is approved by American Council on Exercise (ACE) and a prerequisite for any of the 11 Les Mills™ initial Module Trainings (www.lesmills.com). It is also your passport to running Freelance Group Exercise classes! This exciting course covers the basics of Group Exercise and teaching skills through both PRACTICAL drills in the studio and THEORY workshops in the classroom. Students will learn the basics of Anatomy, Exercise Physiology and Training Principles in our fun interactive theory lectures and then it’s onto the studio for practical workshops on Musicality, Building Choreography and Teaching skills.
- 24 Hours Training (18hrs practical, 6hrs theory)
- Training Manual
- Fitness Music Resource CD
- Exam and assessment fee
- G.E.L Completion Certification
- LES MILLS INITIAL MODULE TRAININGS (During the weekends 25-26 March and 1- 2 April)
The course delivers and supports the full spectrum of modern group exercise formats including Martial arts and Mind/Body as performing categories in group exercise. Through a two-day training, Emirati ladies will learn how to deliver a class using the five key elements of technique, choreography, timing, coaching, and performance in the program of your choice:
- Les Mills Body Compact: The world’s most popular martial-arts based cardio workout. Being martial-arts based this high intensity program is loved equally by both genders alike.
- Les Mills Body Balance: The Mind/Body yoga fusion program based on Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates that builds flexibility and strength and leaves members feeling centered and calm.
- INSTRUCTOR PLACEMENT PLAN
Upon successful completion with a passing score in both GEL and Les Mills initial module training, MEFITPRO will connect the participants with local gyms/studios in Abu Dhabi to complete a three-week work study program. The new instructors will team teach alongside a certified and experienced instructor for two classes per week, building up confidence, coaching skills, and technique before submitting a final video assessment for international certification. After each class, the certified instructor will provide each participant with constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
Application Process Opens –17 February 2016
Application Process Closes –10 March 2016
Face-to-face interviews with FBMA staff – 8,9 & 13 March 2016
G.E.L Course – 17-19 March 2016
Les Mills initial module trainings – 25, 26 March & 1,2 April 2016
Instructor Placement Plan –2-4 Weeks/ Mandatory 5 hours
* Upon confirmation of admission to the program, participants will have to pay the Academy a registration fee of approximately AED 1500, which will be reimbursed to each participant upon completion of the course, along with the award of the certification.
** For any clarification questions, please contact Mariam Al Mansoori at +971-2-2057356.